Today I have posted on my website at www.happinessofbeing.com/happiness_art_being.html the third e-book edition of Happiness and the Art of Being, which is a revised and enlarged version of the second e-book edition, and an exact copy of the forthcoming printed edition.
Since I published the second e-book edition on the 20th March 2007, I have further revised it, making many minor changes and incorporating in various places a total of about 48 pages of additional explanations, and I have also added a detailed index.
The following is a list of all the major additions that I have incorporated in this final third e-book edition, which I have been posting here during the past one month. For each addition, I have listed the page numbers at which it now appears in this third e-book edition, a link to the article in this blog in which I posted it, and finally in brackets the page number of the location in the second e-book edition in which I incorporated it.
Chapter 2, ‘Who am I?’:
- 128, 134: Happiness and the Art of Being – additions to chapter 2 (128, 133)
Chapter 4, ‘The Nature of Reality’:
- 258-261: Actions or karmas are like seeds (258)
Chapter 5, ‘What is True Knowledge?’:
- 306-7, 312-13, 314-5, 316-7, 317-8, 320, 329-30: Happiness and the Art of Being – additions to chapter 5 (304, 309, 311, 312, 313, 315, 324)
- 344-345: Our real self can reveal itself only through silence (339)
Chapter 7, ‘The Illusion of Time and Space’:
- 395, 402, 407-8: Happiness and the Art of Being – additions to chapter 7 (389, 395, 400)
Chapter 9, ‘Self-Investigation and Self-Surrender’:
- 439-441: Atma-vichara is only the practice of keeping our mind fixed firmly in self (431)
- 441-445: Atma-vichara and the question ‘who am I?’ (431 continued)
- 445-450: Sri Ramana’s figurative use of simple words (431 continued)
- 450-456: The question ‘who am I?’ as a verbalised thought (431 continued)
- 456-459: The practice of self-investigation is our natural state of self-conscious being (431-432)
Chapter 10, ‘The Practice of the Art of Being’:
- 565-569: The crest-jewel of Sri Ramana's teachings (538)
- 592-601: The supreme compassion of Sri Ramana (562)
- 601-609: The importance of compassion and ahimsa (562 continued)
In my website, on the page www.happinessofbeing.com/happiness_art_being.html, besides giving a link to the third e-book edition I also give links to the first e-book edition and second e-book edition in case anyone wishes to refer back to either of those earlier two editions.